Livingston Lions Club History
In late March, 1941, Lions District Governor Mel Miller visited Livingston and met with a group of local men. They discussed the
re-organization of a Lions Club, which had been tried once before. It was agreed that a club would be formed, and the first 'called business meeting' was held in the City Hall on April 4, 1941.
The Livingston Lions Club
now has a membership of approximately 130 members, with a record of achievement
of which it can be proud, and one of the largest clubs in District
2S-1. Our club has served with distinction through a variety of
projects and contributions throughout the years, and is especially noted
for several major projects and programs including Texas Lions Children's
Camp, Lions Eye Bank of Texas, Lions Club International Foundation, Eyeglass
Recycling Center of Texas, Leader Dog Program, Texas Lions Foundation
and Lions World Service for the Blind.
are invited to join the Livingston Lions Club are asked to make a commitment
to serve the community through projects and programs of the club, all
of which are aimed at making Livingston, our State, our Nation, and the
World a better place in which to live. In return, Lions offers the friendship,
sociability, and support of a responsible group of business men and women
from their community. The fellowship at meetings are outstanding, and
the weekly programs are informative, educational, and entertaining. We
are making a difference in our community.
Click Here to visit the District 2S-1 website.